Terms and Conditons
The Party who is contracting to receive the services shall be referred to as the “Client” and the party who will be providing the services shall be referred to as the “Contractor”.
The Contractor confirms that she/he is self-employed, is responsible for her/his own income tax and National Insurance contributions, and for paying VAT (where applicable) and will not claim benefits granted to the Client's employees.
All calls/texts and emails will be responded to during the Contractors' working hours.
1. The Contractor will provide the Client with the following services:
Virtual Assistant Service
Requirements to be affirmed and stated in a written contract should the Client wish to receive services from the Contrator.
2. The services will also include any other tasks which the parties may agree on. The Contractor hereby agrees to provide such Services to the Client.
2.1 If during the term of the Contractors’ work, additional services/tasks are requested by the Client, the Contractor may renegotiate the fee and/or the deadline.
2.2 If, on receipt of the item to be worked on or at an early stage, it becomes apparent that significantly more work is required than had been anticipated in the preliminary discussion/brief, the Contractor may renegotiate the fee and/or the deadline.
TERM OF AGREEMENT
3. The term of the Agreement will begin on a specified date as noted in the contract and will remain in full force and effect indefinitely until terminated as provided within the Agreement.
4. In the event that either Party wishes to terminate the Agreement, that Party will be required to provide one months notice to the other Party.
5. The Agreement may be terminated at any time by mutual agreement of the Parties.
6. Except as otherwise provided in the Agreement, the obligations of the Contractor will end upon the termination of the Agreement.
7. The Parties agree to do everything necessary to ensure that the terms of this Agreement take effect.
7.1 Final proofreading and checking of all work supplied is the responsibility of the Client.
8. Except as otherwise provided in the Agreement, all monetary amounts referred to will be in GBP (£), otherwise known as Pounds Stirling.
9. The Contractor will charge the Client for the Services at the rate depending on the client's package
9.1 The Client will pay the Contractor a fee per hour OR an agreed flat fee for the job, plus VAT where applicable.
9.1.1 The standard hourly rate charge is £30 per hour.
9.2 Billable time includes meetings outside of contracted hours, and includes the writing and/or reading of correspondence sent by mail or email.
9.3 All postage, printing and other stationery expenses bought on behalf of the Client’s business will be added to the invoice for reimbursement.
9.4 Should ongoing project work be suspended or delayed through any default of the Client, the Contractor shall be entitled to immediate payment for work already carried out and expenses incurred.
10. The Client will be invoiced per month and payment is due upon receipt. The Client will be required to pay on a monthly basis. If The Client does not pay The Contractor within seven working days of receiving the invoice services will be stopped until paid.
10.1 All payments are to be made either through the invoice via Stripe or bank transfer – details will be provided on the invoice.
11. Confidential information refers to any data or information relating to the Client, whether business or personal, which would reasonably be considered to be private or proprietary to the Client and that is not generally known and where the release of that Confidential Information could reasonably be expected to cause harm to the Client.
12. The Contractor agrees that they will not disclose, divulge, reveal, report or use, for any purpose, any Confidential Information which the Contractor has obtained, except as authorised by the Client or as required by the law. The obligations of confidentiality will apply during the Term and will survive indefinitely upon termination of the Agreement.
13. The Contractor and Client will also sign a Data Processing Agreement under the GDPR regulations. The Contractor is also licensed under an ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office). Registration number: ZA538296
OWNERSHIP OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
14. All intellectual property and related material, including any trade secrets, moral rights, goodwill, relevant registrations or applications for registration, and rights in any patent, copyright, trademark, trade dress, industrial design, and trade name that is developed or produced under the Agreement, will be the sole property of the Client. The use of the Intellectual Property by the Client will not be restricted in any manner.
15. The Contractor may not use the Intellectual Property for any purpose other than that contracted for in the Agreement except with the written consent of the Client. The Contractor will be responsible for any and all damages resulting from the unauthorised use of the Intellectual Property.
RETURN OF PROPERTY
16. Upon the expiry or termination of the Agreement, the Contractor will return to the Client any property, documentation, records, or Confidential Information which is the property of the Client.
17. In providing the Services under this Agreement it is expressly agreed that the Contractor is acting as an independent contractor and not as an employee. The Contractor and the Client acknowledge that the Agreement does not create a partnership or joint venture between them, and is exclusively a contract for service.
18. Except as otherwise provided in the Agreement, the Contractor will have full control over working time and methods in relation to the provision of the Services in accordance with the Agreement. The work will be carried out unsupervised at such times and places as determined by the Contractor using her/his own equipment. However, the Contractor will be responsive to the needs and concerns of the Client.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS UPDATES
If you have any questions that are not covered here, please feel free to email us at email@example.com
Last updated: 27th April 2023